[Gllug] Routing / IPCop

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Wed Sep 26 19:54:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:36:04PM +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> > ADSL Bonding only works if both lines are from the same provider. It's
> > necessary for the connections to be bonded at both ends.
> >

> I know but who wants bonding anyway when he can have redundacy much cheaper

The original poster, for a start. And, err, anyone who needs to have more
capacity than one line will give.

> >> or even cooler one wired and one wireless
> >
> > If latency isn't an issue using a wireless connection is OK. Usually
> > however latency is an issue.
>
> latency while downloading?

Depends on your TCP window size, etc. But it's a problem if you're doing any
sort of interactive work. Specially if it involves VPNs and RDP/VNC.

Dan
--
Have you noticed the way people's intelligence capabilities decline
sharply the minute they start waving guns around?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk