[Gllug] Sun Ultra 5 give away

John Edwards john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 21:29:15 UTC 2007

Hi
I have some Sun hardware looking for a good home:

* Brand new NVRAM chip & battery for Sun Ultra 5.

* Sun Ultra 5, which doesn't boot reliably. CPU is 333MHz and has
2x128MB RAM. Will be supplied without the IDE drive (which I need
to keep for the data). Could be good for spare parts or extra RAM.

I bought the NVRAM chip to try to fix the machine, but it didn't solve
the problem. I suspect the fault is within OpenBoot or the motherboard.

The full story is here:
  http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2007-September/thread.html#121230

If anyone is interested then please email me directly.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk