[Gllug] London *Nix UnExpo

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 11:58:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 12:42:20PM +0100, John Levin wrote:
> As there's been some interest in putting on a more community-orientated
> alternative to the now-postponed LinuxWorld London, can I ask everyone:

I have been keeping a little quiet on this but ....
UKUUG in conjunction with BCS are exploring the idea of running something
alongside the UKUUG spring conference (31 march to 2 april) next year.

	http://www.ukuug.org/events/spring2008/

I can't say much more than that since we have not decided if we can make it fly.
There is a lot of interest in doing this, we will do so if we can.
I am going to Birmingham on Sat to look at the venue to see if there is enough
space. I could offer some lifts there (but not back) from Watford on Sat.

We have the organisation infrastructure to do this, but would be glad of any
help that is forthcoming ... make it a community run event.

The big downside from the GLLUG point of view is that it will be Birmingham, not
London.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/