[Gllug] London *Nix UnExpo

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Sep 6 12:06:03 UTC 2007

Hi John,

John Levin wrote:
> As there's been some interest in putting on a more community-orientated
> alternative to the now-postponed LinuxWorld London, can I ask everyone:
>
> 1: To use this thread to confirm their interest and say what they can
> offer in terms of time/money/electrons.

I can offer a talk ( Linux on the ps3 ? ). And help with background organisation
work. Which basically means that I can put in 5 - 6 hrs per week of work,
however it needs to be outside work hours. I might be able to take a day or two
off just before the event to actually help organise stuff on the ground, at the
time.

> 2: To suggest we have an irc meeting in #gllug this weekend. (Is that
> convenient for people? I'm presuming a time outside work hours is best,
> but of course this is inside family/social hours.)

Works for me, I am almost always online when at home, however #gllug tends to be
fairly quiet on the weekends, so might be worth pinging a few people around to
find out when is best. If we can also say it wont be more than 30 - 35 min of an
initial chat, pretty much anytime during the weekend works for me.

> 3: To suggest we have a face-to-face meeting sometime, perhaps at the
> next Gllug or Lonix event.

I am going to be there on the 22nd Sept at the next Gllug meet. That might be a
good time to chat about this.

> I'm happy to put some time towards organising such an event, and commit
> to full time work for the week preceeding it, when I figure the work
> will be at its peak.

Sounds good :)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk