[Gllug] No Expo this year

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Wed Sep 5 11:45:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 12:32 +0100, Steven Goodwin wrote:
> > There are enough people on this list, and in London to make such an event
> > happen. It all boils down to getting a few people together and driving it.
>
> I hear ya! So given the recent attendance to Gllug talks, how do we:
>
> 1. Get quality speakers to attend
> 2. Get a quantative audience to attend

Don't make it a speaking event. People tend not to want to attend those
very much and it's just too hard to get enough of the right kind of
speakers to cover the spectrum of what people are interested in.

Perhaps some kind of Free Software party or other big social event would
work (after all the only thing people really want is a social gathering
and maybe a beer) but organising this would take quite a lot of
dedication, time and effort.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk