[Gllug] Exim4 Bcc Headers

Stan gllug at hardstone.net
Mon Sep 10 07:40:27 UTC 2007

Bruce Richardson (itsbruce at workshy.org) apparently wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 09, 2007 at 01:03:46PM +0100, Stan wrote:
> > This is hopefully a one line answer for somebody.  I'm just switching
> > to Exim4 on Debian (Etch) and I've noticed that it isn't removing my
> > Bcc headers.  So I googled and found
>
> It isn't the job of Exim to remove Bcc: headers, it's the job of the
> mail client.  You are using Mutt - have you configured it oddly?

I guess the answer to this is yes.  I do have
set write_bcc="yes"
which I turned on because I wanted a copy of the bcc headers in my fcc.

qmail has obviously been silently stripping them out of other emails
I've been sending.  It looks like my best bet is to replicate this
with the "headers_remove" router option.  Thanks for your help.

Stan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk