[Gllug] RAID1 during Ubuntu Install

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Wed Sep 12 11:11:11 UTC 2007

Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> On 9/12/07, Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Splendid though the standard ubuntu installer / livecd is for default
>> installations, I am trying to do something that the installer appears
>> to want to forbid.

> Aha... perhaps the clue is in the term "standard" - further fishing
> suggests I should use the alternate CD (which seems to basically be
> the debian installer).

This is just my experience with Ubuntu - it's wonderful until I want
something that is not in the box, when it turns out to be easier to use
Debian stuff (which then breaks Ubuntu slightly).

This is not an anti-Ubuntu comment, I'm glad it's out there, but I
continually end up returning to straight Debian, even on my desktop.

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk