[Gllug] OpenSPF question

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 14:20:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm having issues getting emails through to a client who uses
spamarrest.com.

The reason they are claiming the emails are being blocked is that my
email is failing the SPF check.

As far as I can tell I have a valid SPF record.

si-designs.co.uk text "v=spf1 ip4:83.223.101.6/32 ip4:83.223.101.7/32 a
mx a:lucy.si-designs.co.uk mx a:si-designs.co.uk mx
a:mail.si-designs.co.uk ~all"

 From my reading the SPF should include the IP of all allowed mail
servers. Spamarrest are failing on my client IP...

	transitioning si-designs.co.uk does not designate 82.133.37.78 as
permitted sender)

Surely this is incorrect? They should be doing a rDNS lookup on
si-designs.co.uk and making sure the IP is listed in the SPF?

Who is correct?

Simon
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk