[Gllug] No Expo this year

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 18:01:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:06:58 +0100 Dan Kolb <gllug at eco.li> wrote:

> If we can get enough people helping to organise, this could work. The
> trouble, of course, is getting people to help organise.

The trouble is getting people to commit the time to leaving phone
messages that are never returned, people denying that they made
commitments that are crucial to the running of the event, dealing with
others who are making unreasonable demands, etc, etc.

Most of the time that an organiser spends on this sort of thing is
completely unproductive. The trouble is that you don't know which of
the things you have spent so much of your time organising will go tits
up at the last minute until the last minute.

Lots of sympathy from me to those who eventually take on this terrible
(but, if it works, ultimately fulfilling) task,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk