[Gllug] PCI wifi Interface recommendations

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Sep 18 18:12:45 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 03:11:57PM +0100, Pete Stean wrote:
> Richard, I've considered this solution myself in the past but for a
> home user isn't it a 'hammer to crack a nut' approach? Also this only
> works as a desktop solution right? I mean you'd still need some kind
> of dongle/PCMCIA card for any laptops if you intend to sit out in the
> garden or something, where the problem of supported hardware rears
> it's head all over again...

Pete, you're right that you need to understand what this solution is
and isn't capable of.  Obviously I can't lug my office desktop and
printer into the garden.  OTOH I've got a Mac OS X laptop if I really
want to sit in the garden and compute (not much opportunity to do that
this year however...)

Rich.

--
Richard Jones