[Gllug] UKUUG: 'OpenMoko (GNU/Linux on the mobile phone)' - Wed 9th 18:30 - Gower St.

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Apr 7 12:00:03 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I thought people would be interested to know that there's a free talk about OpenMoko taking place on Wednesday evening (details attached)

For those that are not aware, OpenMoko is a Free Software mobile phone platform that runs on the Neo1973 phone (among others), and is Free Software all the way down to the metal -- so, if you're fed up with mobile phones with crap menus, and useless features that waste your time, and make you angry, you can now have a phone that is at least something that you can fix yourself when it annoys you ;-)

  http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page

I'm looking forward to tweaking the SMS features so that I can discard the pointless "Welcome to $COUNTRY ..." texts without even making the phone beep.

Cheers, Phil.

----- Forwarded message from Jane Morrison <office at ukuug.org> -----