[Gllug] resize linux / ntfs partiton

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:46:03 UTC 2008

back on topic, gparted is definitely your friend - it should allow you
to resize with no problems at all. It might take quite a while to
complete however, so try and find a nice book to read or a movie to
watch while it goes off and does its work (will stop you being tempted
into fiddling with it  :)   ) - I've known it to take a few hours to
resize a sizeable XP partition on a big disc...

Pete

On 4/28/08, Michael G Fletcher <mgfletcher at mgfletcher.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 07:59 +0100, Ivan Virgili wrote:
>
> > > My favourite is gparted as a bootable cd. You can get it from here:
> > > http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
> > >

> > I have used it a few times myself and it works perfectly.
> > On certain machines it might not recognise the video card at boot, but
> > you can enter it manually (just follow the instructions on the screen).
> >
> > Ivan
> >
> > --
> > Ivan Virgili
> > http://www.ivanvirgili.com
> >

> If you are having video card problems with the live cd, you can just use
> your a ubuntu live cd, once it is started run synaptic and install
> gparted, works like a charm :-)
>
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk