[Gllug] Help!! XP CD copying problem to change linux partitions - what tools to use to copy a failing install CD?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Thu Apr 24 19:07:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 00:38 +0100, Tethys wrote:
> dd(1), cdrecord(1)

Whoa there Tet me old china - I'm a *luser* and have a pretty shallow
technical knowledge base... I need a bit more guidance than that with
regards to what to type in on a couple of command lines - hand holding
and snotty nose wiping level of guidance to be precise...  but thanks
for the reply anyway...

But I hadn't realised dd would do a bit by bit recording of a CD, I'd
only come across it recommended as a method of backing up a hard disk
over a network or to another hard disk.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk