[Gllug] Suggestion about Network Monitoring software - Open source/Free

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 10:44:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 09:52:14AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
[...]
> Collectd is pretty simple to set up and use, very lightweight, but you
> have to use rrdtool to create graphs and that is very difficult to use.
> There are recipes on the web which you'll want to follow.
> (http://collectd.org/)

It's not "very difficult", it's only Reverse Polish notation :)

Writing a translation wrapper so it can use more conventional syntax would
be fairly trivial for somebody who understands compilers, but then they
wouldn't need the translator in the first place. (I could probably bodge
together a proof-of-concept in a few hours.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk