[Gllug] Selective SSH logins

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 10:46:10 UTC 2008

2008/8/28 Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk>:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:09:02AM +0100, Nix wrote:
> [...]
>> The string was otherwise essentially random, and nobody ever imagined that
>> they could try to read things off his windscreen and try them as his
>> passwords :)
>
> Everybody can also remember the number plate of their first car, which also
> satisfy the requirement for letters-and-digits passwords on those web sites
> which demand user registration but don't really justify it.
>
> --

Yes but if my bank is quite happy with a 4 digit numeric pin, whats
the problem with a 7 digit alpha numeric number plate. Just how many
people use a bank pin thats is infact there birthday etc....

As for websites that need passwords but don't justify it I think the
most common password is either qwerty or abcdefg......

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk