[Gllug] London job request (C, POSIX engineer)

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Wed Aug 20 09:35:26 UTC 2008

On 2008-08-20 10:06, "Mukund Sivaraman" <muks at banu.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm a C, POSIX, Linux engineer looking for a job in London urgently. My
> resume is here: http://people.banu.com/~muks/mukund-resume.pdf
>
> I am a committer on GIMP, Transmission BitTorrent client, Tinyproxy,
> etc. and have written other software like Openfiler, won a prize from
> GNOME for work on OpenOffice.org, and received the highest bonus on my
> project from my last employer (Brocade). Self appreciation yes, but I'm
> selling myself here :)
>
> If you know of any open positions at your company, please forward my
> resume. I have a UK indefinite leave to remain permit, so there is no
> need of any visa processing.
>
> I am a new member on this list, and am posting this mail here after
> asking on the IRC channel.
>
> Mukund

As mentioned yesterday on list, you're best off posting to Jobserve and
CWJobs and waiting for recruiters to call you. I think I hold the record of
4 minutes between upload and first call, though with the way some recruiters
are more like vultures than recruiters, it's not entirely surprising.

Put your CV on there with a contact number on and wait for the calls.

--James

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk