[Gllug] OT - Recycling AA membership cards

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 10:14:25 UTC 2008

I have just received my renewed AA membership card (some what late
since they lost the first cheque that I sent them).

There is a note in the letter to which it is attached:

	Helping you to help the environment
	Recycle your AA membership cards!
	If you would like your expired AA card to be recycled please return it to:

Surely the carbon footprint/... of me posting the old card to them would far exceed anything
saved by recycling the card. So why are they doing it ? The card is a simple card,
no chip or anything special on it.

* Reduce AA carbon footprint

* Not have old cards floating around that could be used fraudulently

* Marketing dept going mad

* ????

To top it they also say:

	We have arranged this for the recycling of AA membership cards only -
	please do not send any others. No liability will be accepted for other
	cards or items and we will not return any materials sent in error
	which may be destroyed.

If I did send them other cards - having them destroyed would presumably be my purpose.
What have their lawyers been smoking ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/