[Gllug] Speaking of those tiny "laptops" ...

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 17:46:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 16:59 +0100, Dylan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A friend of mine wants to get one of the extra-small "laptops" and keeps
> pressing me for opinions. So guys, what opinions can I pass on to him to
> guide a good purchase when he finaly succumbs to the gadget-lust?
>
> Dx

I have a 901 here, and it's all I wanted from a tiny machine.  I was
disappointed with the 701, despite its good performance, because the
screen was just too small.  The 901 gets it just right (though I hope
the price comes down a bit).

It's trivially easy to add extra memory, USB ports and SDD inside the
machine, and I find that the supplied Xandros is OK, but it runs so much
faster if you install Puppy Linux.

It might be worth waiting for the price to drop a bit.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk