[Gllug] Suggestion about Network Monitoring software - Open source/Free

Hakuna Matata narender.hooda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 03:56:06 UTC 2008

Hello All,

we want to implement a network monitoring software in our organization.

we want to monitor services like ftp/web/mysql/mssql/vmware and
performance and up time of servers.

i want the software to be more reports oriented so that i can present
them to the management guys.

I did some goggling and found the below software.

1. GroundWork Open Source IT Monitoring and Network Monitoring Software
        www.groundworkopensource.com/
2. Nagios - Network Monitoring Software
       www.nagios.org/
3.Zenoss Home - Commercial Open Source Network, Systems
        www.zenoss.com
4. IPTraf - An IP Network Monitor
     iptraf.seul.org/
5. http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Main_Page
6.http://www.zabbix.com/
7.http://www.odcnms.org/
8.http://www.zenoss.com/

By first glance on the websites it looks like Zabbix/Zenoss/Groundwork
have very good reporting features. Reporting is curicial part for me
as we are are thinking of replacing SiteScope as our current
monitoring system.

Please advise if someone in the list have some suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards

--NK
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk