[Gllug] [OT] Anyone got a drivers CD for a Torspoal Silent-I PC?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 14:51:33 UTC 2008

About three years ago I bought a Torspoal Silent-I PC.  It's worked
beautifully since then but now I need to (temporarily) install XP on it
and XP doesn't seem to have drivers for all the hardware - specifically
the on-board Ethernet and sound.  The M/B is pure Intel and I managed to
find a driver for the NIC on Intel's web site, but they don't seem to do
corresponding drivers for the sound component.

Unfortunately both the vendor from whom I bought it and Torspoal seem to
have gone tits-up, and whilst it doubtless originally came with a driver
disc, I can't quite put my hands on it amongst the other 8M CDs
littering my study.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone else have one of these and is
more organised then me about finding CDs?

TIA,
John

P.S.  I re-installed Etch on it and everything Just Works(TM)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk