[Gllug] kolab, postfix and cyrus

Nahuel Marisi nahuelmarisi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 21:27:44 UTC 2008

Hi,
Well first I'd like to introduce myself as a new member of this mailing
list. I'm Nahuel, just moved to London from York and I've been a Linux user
since 1999. I plan to attend (hopefully) next months meeting to see what's
all about.

Anyway, to the point:
I've been using postfix and cyrus to set up email servers, however it
sometimes become tedious and I don't really know if this is the best
combination in order to have a nice and scalable mail server.
I've hard of Kolab as a sort of solution that sets up everything but don't
really know how trust worthy it is.
I guess my question is, are there any prepackaged solutions (like kolab),
and if so, are there any good?
Is postfix / cyrus the best combination for mailservers? or should I
consider something else?

Thanks,
Nahuel

P.S. What do you actually do in the LUG's meetings?