[Gllug] (OT) Early Christmas

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Sat Aug 30 08:11:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 19:57 +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>    Dell have a reputation for selling at a very low price with a very high
> delivery charge, and unexpected charges if something fails (not our fault,
> you switched it on!). They can also be just non-standard enough to make it
> difficult to purchase spares and extras elsewhere.

Yes Dell do charge ridiculous amounts for delivery - because they ship
from Eire and like to use lots of big boxes.

Otherwise I find that Dell are OK so long as you know how to play their
Indian call centres - if you have a fault on a unit and you are sure
it's a fault just tell them there is no power to it and you've already
tried different cables, etc. They then send out an engineer or take it
back, as per your warranty, who fixes the actual problem as the call
centre monkeys don't actually pass on any details.

In terms of buying components or peripherals I've never found any
problem on that front.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk