[Gllug] Problems with mod_alias and Apache

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Aug 28 11:24:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:17:28PM +0100, william pink wrote:
> I did have a virtualhost setup for example but only as ServerName example
> and I have since removed it from sites-enabled, Is mod_alias the best of
> way of doing it anyway? heres my VH config

[please don't top-post]

Well, I use mod_alias for that sort of thing and it works for me.

Somewhere, Apache still believes your site or hostname is example.com, so
you're going to have to work out why this is the case. What, for example,
does "hostname -f" say? How about /etc/hosts? Have you checked syslog and
the Apache error log for clues?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk