[Gllug] Sainsbury's Bank with Linux: online banking followup

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 27 00:52:21 UTC 2008

Many moons ago, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2007, MJ Ray verbalised:
> > along with a note that it requires Javascript.
>
> Do any banks *not* require Javascript these days? Even *textual*
> browsers implement a lot of JS, and I'd be hard pressed to implement a
> useful web UI for something bankish without at least a *bit* of JS...

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/ doesn't.  I'm not sure which others
don't, but I've tried to keep http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2007/banking
up-to-date while several of the banks stopped working with FF3.  Most
have been fixed now, but a few haven't.

I think the key thing is to use JavaScript to enhance a web interface
but not to require it.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)