[Gllug] bar code scanner software for linux

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Sat Dec 27 23:39:49 UTC 2008

Hey everyone, hope the holidays are treating you all well...

I am trying to track down some bar code scanner software for linux. I am
using F9 atm.

I have started delving into sane and hope it won't affect me too
badly. :P

What I am using is a Swypeout unit. The Entertainer currently sells them
for £1, they are meant for some Card Collecting Game that is played
online and uses the scanner to enable the collectable upgrade
cards(looks like it could be a cute game but that is not the point). The
cards use bar codes and the unit appears to just be a usb bar code swipe
scanner.

Any direction will help. Internet searching is not helping me so maybe
better search words than; linux bar code scanner reader.

-Justin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk