[Gllug] While we're on the subject of racks

Tim Porter tim at timporter.co.uk
Sun Dec 28 22:57:17 UTC 2008

Thanks for that tip!

I think it would scare my landlord if I started to ask questions about how
much load the floor can take, the things haven't fallen through the floor
yet but i'm not sure if this is by good fortune or just because they aren't
that heavy.

Currently I don't have a rack and the machines are just stacked on top of
each other, this actually works ok but I think when they are running at
100% CPU for long stretches there are some heat dispersion issues which I
why I have been thinking about investing in a rack.

The footprint of the first pile is 42cm by 73cm and the whole thing can't
weigh more than 350 kilos, the second pile has the same footprint and will
weigh slightly less but it is in close proximity.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk