[Gllug] Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!! I need a working ISP

Dan Kolb gllug at eco.li
Wed Dec 24 14:25:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:07:38AM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 08:24:20AM +0000, John Winters wrote:
> > Their accounts department went completely rogue for at least 18 months,
> > but my experience ended about 7 years ago so I don't know whether that's
> > still the case.  I could tell all sorts of unbelievable stories about
> > what they got up to.
>
> They once sent the bailiffs round to me to collect an unpaid bill.
> This was after I'd cancelled my service with them and they'd stopped
> charging my credit card.

Yep. They tried to do this with me, some months after I cancelled the service
with them. They managed to close my account, but not close my billing, so
therefore they kept thinking I owed them money. Pity it took a phone call to
the collection agency to sort things out. But.....the collection agency managed
to sort them out :-)

Oh, and Demon subscribes to this Internet Watch Foundation rubbish.

Therefore, I will never recommend Demon, and actively put Demon on my
ISPs-to-avoid list.

I'm currently using A&A - they seem fine to me; I've got two /28s (this may
have been due to a miscommunication on my part - I thought I only asked for
one). No idea what their support is like, though - fortunately I've never had
to use it.

Dan
--
Love means having to say you're sorry every five minutes.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk