[Gllug] convert ntfs to fat32

Diana Scott dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 23:20:08 UTC 2008

it is a dual boot machine. I understand ntfs is primarily for Windows but my fear is that would ntfs partition has more chance to crash or corrupt when in use with both Windows and linux eg ubuntu?

Please advise.

> From: adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
> To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:20:37 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] convert ntfs to fat32
>
> On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 21:11 +0000, Diana Scott wrote:
> > I have noticed that Nautilus 2.24.1 in Ubuntu 8.10 can read and create
> > folders in the ntfs partition and the Word Processor of Open Office
> > 2.4 can write to the ntfs partition. What are the advantages for using
> > fat32 over ntfs partitions?
>
> Er, none really if you are using Linux afaics. Why not use ext3 or a
> Linux file system? Or is this a dual boot machine?
>
> --

Get a bird’s eye view of the world with Multimap
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/115454059/direct/01/