[Gllug] Powerline homeplug experiences

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 12 20:58:49 UTC 2008

hi,

Just wondering if anyone uses / has used powerline homeplug kit and what
their experience was ?  I have a bunch of really long cables running
from different parts of the house, and it would be quite nice to replace
them with something like powerline adapters. But my primary concerns are:

- How 'Linux' compatible are they ? Would I be able to setup passwords
etc without the need of a Windows machine ?

- Do they really run at advertised speeds ? 40Mbps is quite ok for me,
but does it really run at 40Mbps.

- KB
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk