[Gllug] While we're on the subject of racks

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 28 07:52:21 UTC 2008

2008/12/28 Tim Porter <tim at timporter.co.uk>

> Hi all,
>
> I have about 50u of kit, consequently I'm very poor, can anyone recommend a
> good (ie, cheap) supplier of racks? I'd be looking for two smaller racks
> rather than one enormous one.

If you want Dan's rack, drop me an email. I hate to see things go to waste,
and  I have
an MPV which should transport it.

> Secondly, I live in the top floor of a flat, my flatmate often worries
> about all this kit falling through the floor. The flat is pretty new (two
> years maybe), assuming its built to all the legally required standards,
> which I am sure it is, does anyone know what sort of weight per square foot
> I should be able to put on it?

If it is two years old then your builders should know the floor loading!

I don't know the building regulations, but in our flats the floors are a
construction of concrete beams. A neighbour needed to know the floor loading
when the flats were first built - as she had a grand piano to install. I
believe the builders were able to supply this.