[Gllug] Audio Problem

Chanka Perera chanka.perera at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 20:36:46 UTC 2008

Hi Ben,

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Ben Whyte <ben at whyte-systems.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Wonder if anyone can help me, i am running debian unstable and have a
> problem with my audio, it was working up until recently.  Now when I try
> and play it just plays but produces no output through the speakers.

check any logs on /var/log and also try aumix ; apt-get install aumix and
run and see whether you are on mute

> I have rereun alsaconf cause it appeared to have lost the settings for
> my sound card but that made no difference.

lsmod and check whether your sound card modules loaded,
lspci to identify make of sound card and check the modules loaded

> I believe I have checked the mixer is set correctly though I am not
> entirely sure.

aumix will help you again

> I also have checked the speakers work on a different machine.  Any and
> all suggestions gratefully accepted.

so this is really good, so the problem is with your drivers ..

- Chanka Perera

--
http://chanka.paunix.org/