[Gllug] Can I link GNU AGPL code with GPL 2 code?

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 15:21:18 UTC 2008

I am considering releasing one of the web applications that I work on under
GNU AGPL v3.  This webapp depends on FCKEditor which is GPL, LGPL and MPL.

Now http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/index_html says:

Please note that the GNU AGPL is not compatible with GPLv2. It is also technically not compatible with GPLv3 in a strict sense: you cannot take code released under the GNU AGPL and use it under the terms of GPLv3, or vice versa. However, you are allowed to combine separate modules or source files released under both of those licenses in a single project, which will provide many programmers with all the permission they need to make the programs they want. See section 13 of both licenses for details.

So it looks like choosing GNU AGPL is not an option for me.  Or is it still
possible?  All code in question are PHP and Javascript.

Thanks,
Progga