[Gllug] Can I link GNU AGPL code with GPL 2 code?

Progga proggaprogga at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 08:26:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 07:28:21AM +0100, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:

> > If it is not incorporating the packages but just linking to them
> > externally it is likely not an issue, but you would need to include both
> > licenses when distributing if you ship the packages with. Then each
> > license would be used applied to each part individually instead of on
> > both together. iirc

I am both distributing and linking.  Although I have mentioned in the README
that different parts have different licenses.

> No, linking counts as a combined work. That is why binary Nvidia drivers
> cannot be distributed with the Linux kernel, for example.

This is getting scary.  The whole thing relies on PEAR for ORM stuff and others.
Now I am wondering what's the nearest to GNU AGPL, if I can't use that.

And now it's also getting clear to me why Drupal has always stayed away from
PEAR.