[Gllug] Dual booting different CentOS versions over multiple HDs

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Sun Feb 10 21:12:37 UTC 2008

It's been a while since I've tried this - but can I assume it's safe
to install CentOS 5 on a second, clean SATA hard drive alongside an
existing CentOS 4 installation on the first and amend (assuming that
Kickstart isn't intelligent enough to figure out there's an already
existing installation) the Grub configuration accordingly to dual boot
between CentOS 4 on the first drive and CentOS 5 on the second?  In
theory I believe this should just work out the box, but I seem to
recall when I last tried something like this there were some gotchas
that caught me out in terms of the MBR.

Regards,

Martyn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk