[Gllug] Wireless ADSL router suitable for IPv6 over IPv4

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Feb 23 10:29:02 UTC 2008

I'm looking for a Wireless ADSL router (preferably with 4 hard-wired ports
as well) which is capable of handling IPv6 over IPv4 traffic as well.  My
current Netgear one doesn't seem to be able to do it - you can open it up
to allow in TCP or UDP but nothing else.  AFAICS, IPv6 over IPv4 uses
protocol 41 and the Netgear has no option for that.  I've checked the
Netgear web site and I have the latest available firmware.

Needless to say, sales-droids who even understand the question are rarer
than a very rare thing.  Short of buying a lot of ADSL routers and testing
them I can't think of another way of finding out.

TIA,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk