[Gllug] X server question

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 22:21:49 UTC 2008

On 21 Feb 2008, Richard Jones spake thusly:
> I would definitely start with the xorg server.  Is there an issue that
> this server will be too large for the Dreamcast, which has just 16 MB
> of RAM?

If you want smallness, the kdrive server is probably a better place to
start. That's what it was designed for.

Anyway, don't despair: X11 first ran on machines that are bloody tiny by
modern desktop standards, much smaller than the Dreamcast.

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk