[Gllug] pc problem

Savvas, Panayotis panayotis.savvas at logicacmg.com
Mon Feb 11 07:11:54 UTC 2008

> Check that the motherboard mounting screws do not short tracks.
Check

> Some cases tend to flex when part dismantled and can ping one end of
> plug-in cards out of their seating. Try a re-plug of everything, one at a time.
check
> Try to avoid straining the board as it may have dubious soldered joints.
Look ok

> You could try gently cleaning edge connectors using a plastic eraser,
> one that does not leave a streak of rubber. Some solvent sprays can get
> under gold flashing, evaporate, and lift it away.
Check

> Try a different keyboard, the cable may have broken or a key jammed,
> and if the BIOS was set to default "Halt on all errors" it will do just that,
> immediately.
Keyboard works fine Via KVM with other machines. Tried connecting directly without KVM and no joy.

No I am quite pleased really. I have wanted to upgrade for a while now so no more excuses.
I have also explained very carefully to my gf why this upgrade NEEDS a new monitor, keyboard, graphics card and tv card :)
Happy days

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk