[Gllug] /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Mon Jan 7 19:46:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 17:21 +0000, David Damerell wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 Jan 2008, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> >I am building a setup for the Dreamcast which I aim to distribute as a
> >"distro" but I am having problems with the sound set up.
>
> I'm afraid I can't help with the problem you detail but I would be
> fascinated to know, if it's not too much trouble, what tools you use
> for development for the Dreamcast.

No problem. I'm currently using busybox/buildroot for the environment.
Anyone who wants a config file just ask. It will build a xcompiler and
an environment which I then nfs-root mount.

There are alternatives - a very old (2001) Debian 'distro' and I think
there are gentoo files that can be used also.

A pre-built compiler/bintools suite also exists for SH4 (the cpu type) -
from ST.

Physically I have a CD that boots the thing and waits for a file that it
then executes.

I also have a null modem cable to run a serial terminal

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk