[Gllug] Open Source for beginners

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 21:36:03 UTC 2008

On Fri 25 Jan, Bernard Peek wrote:

> I can't see the council funding anything unless you can demonstrate some
> local support. You could probably kick things off by
> arranging to do a talk on FOSS in Ealing Library. Collect names of the
> people who attend so that you can show the council that there is
> interest in the area. Perhaps follow that up with an installfest.
>
> Unfortunately I don't live in Hanwell any more, so I doubt I'll be able
> to help much.

   Agreed, but I do know a fair number of people in the L. B. Ealing area,
and I have asked them to start pushing. I would also like to put posters in
local libraries. I feel that once the ball starts rolling it will be
difficult to stop. Unfortunately I am fighting a combination of almost total
ignorance and indifference.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk