[Gllug] TV tuner cards

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Thu Jan 3 11:06:39 UTC 2008

Hi

amd_uk wrote:
> Linux. A recent example of this is the Hauppauge Nova-T-500, with the

For what it's worth, every Hauppauge card I've ever bought (which to be
fair is only about 3 or 4 cards since they last well) has worked just fine.
The only mild exception would be the USB NovaT I bought 2 weeks ago,
which I had to download a firmware blob for and drop it into
/lib/firmware/$(uname -r)/

I do have to concede though that setting them up in some kind of
application is more faff than it should be, especially Myth. There is a
project lurking on Launchpad called Me-TV, which aims to be a simple
GNOME application for watching TV, without all the PVR stuff that tends
to complicate matters.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones