[Gllug] TV tuner cards

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Jan 3 11:20:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 11:06 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> amd_uk wrote:
> > Linux. A recent example of this is the Hauppauge Nova-T-500, with the
>
> For what it's worth, every Hauppauge card I've ever bought (which to be
> fair is only about 3 or 4 cards since they last well) has worked just fine.
> The only mild exception would be the USB NovaT I bought 2 weeks ago,
> which I had to download a firmware blob for and drop it into
> /lib/firmware/$(uname -r)/

Actually, enthused by this thread I dug an old NovaT USB 1 out of the
cupboard and tried it under SuSE 10.2
It is recognised by Kaffiene (thanks for the pointer to that!)
Only problem is does not seem to get a lock to the Crystal Palace
transmitter. To be honest, I suspect this is due to the aerial socket it
is connected to.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk