[Gllug] swap over the network

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jan 26 00:17:59 UTC 2008

On 24 Jan 2008, Adrian McMenamin uttered the following:
> OK. For anyone interested: got NBD up and running (eventually - very
> hard to get apt to download these files in the limited memory
> available).

It's really fun when the remote box reboots. NBD uses TCP connections
and at least when I was using it (to provide half an LVM VG after an
unfortunately-timed disk failure) it didn't try to reestablish those
connections should they drop...

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk