[Gllug] heartbeat 2

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Thu Jan 31 10:35:38 UTC 2008

Hi

I'm playing with heartbeat-2 for the first time.

I have a machine running xen running two virtual servers.  My first goal
is to create a floating IP address between the two of them.

Without heartbeat running the machines are able to ping each other
normally, xen is set up to NAT traffic from them to the outside world,
all works as expected.

When I start heartbeat up, both machines take up the virtual IP address
and, very confusingly, stop being able to ping /ssh each other on their
own IPs.

Stopping heartbeat on each node fixes the problem but, obviously,
removes the floating IP.

I'm confused, has anyone here experienced similar behaviour?

Mart.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk