[Gllug] upgrading to new laptop - tricks and tips to copy everything I need accross

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:25:46 UTC 2008

Hi GLLUGers,

So I have my new HP 6715b laptop (with 100 quid cashback if I manage
to send the proof of purchase to HP this week) and got high-res X and
wifi working on it after a little googling and tinkering.

Now I'm looking at moving to it for my work - that means installing 3
years worth of obscure libraries used for work, passwords stored in
mozilla that I've forgotten, ssh keys, rpms and perl modules.

Anybody done this in the past and found any handy tips and tricks -
like copying saved passwords, cookies, etc in firefox or getting a
useful list of rpms that can be installed on a newer version of the
same distro?

I suspect I'll have to copy my bookmarks, cpan bundle and ssh keys,
and then copy anything I've missed accross as I go.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk