[Gllug] Why do jobs migrate between cores?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:29:12 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 10:09 AM, John Winters <john at sinodun.org.uk> wrote:
> 1) Is it by design that the kernel uses one core from each physical
> processor?
> 2) Why would a job move from one core to another when there's sod all
> else going on?

I don't know the exact answers to your questions, but you should ask a
kernel developer about it.  However, there is a utility package which
will allow you to choose the specific cores to run processes on (and
or give them priority, allocations, etc).  I forget the name of the
tool, but google around for it...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk