[Gllug] TV tuner cards

amd_uk amd_uk at lineone.net
Wed Jan 2 21:09:33 UTC 2008

http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page

The staple analogue tuners tend to be the Hauppauge 150/250/350.

DVB-T tends to be covered less as it's not something that the yanks
have. It seems to suffer from vendors spraying around different chip
sets on the same card model that may or may not be supported under
Linux. A recent example of this is the Hauppauge Nova-T-500, with the
early versions of this model being supported but the more recent ones
(given the "Diversity" tag) not currently working under Linux.

You do have to be careful in checking model numbers and chip sets in
order to try and get a compatible card, not something that's always
available.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk