[Gllug] exim segfault puzzle

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Jan 2 21:55:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 12:03:34PM +0000, Chris Bell wrote:
> On Sun 30 Dec, Richard Jones wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 11:18:20PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> > > I'd recommend recompiling exim with debugging symbols and/or getting the
> > > debugging symbol package. With a proper backtrace this is probably
> > > fixable.
> >
> > In the end I gave in and upgraded to exim 4 (with the daft Debian
> > "let's split the configuration file into a million pieces" scheme
> > which I was trying to avoid).  Now it works ...
> >
> > Rich.
> >

>    Debian provides an alternative single configuration file.

It's not a very sensible option though, since the single conf file
still seems to be built out of the multiple small files.  I can't
quite work out when it's built from them, but it contains all the
comments / fragments from the small files.  In any case it's not a
true single configuration file because it's autogenerated with some
weird macro badness.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones