[Gllug] Best soho office server option?

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Fri Jan 11 14:34:30 UTC 2008

Jason Clifford wrote:
> What is the best (and easiest to manage for someone with no sysadmin
> skills) soho office server option these days?

Either Clark Connect or SME Server (was e-smith) will do the job (both
CentOS based now, I believe). We support SME Server and have had few
issues over 5 years. There is also the Debian-based ebox
(http://ebox-platform.com/) but I cannot speak for it (yet). I intend to
examine it this year.

The only issue with either of the above is if facilities are required
that are not in the box. This can get awkward to manage.

> Anyone suggesting MS SBE will be shot.

Home Server? :)

(ducks, to sound of imploding mp3s and jpegs)

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk