[Gllug] Domain registration

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Thu Jan 3 12:50:41 UTC 2008

David L Neil Mailing list a/c wrote:
> Simon Wilcox wrote:
>> I switched to Daily.co.uk and have been happy with their service.
>
> Also (per David's original post) they seem to bundle basic hosting,
> rather than be registration-only. Do you want "registration" or a
> hosting bundle of some description as well, David?

Not my experience. I have 40+ domains registered there now, all as
domain only registrations.

> The basic bundle on offer is a good thing for a simple boy like me, and
> is probably a better (single-domain) price than I've been paying(!), but
> chasing around ifs-buts-and-maybes to ascertain ACTUAL pricing always
> puts me off (and makes me wonder what other ifs-buts... I may have
> missed...)

I searched for a domain and the results include prices. Seemed pretty
clear to me. Select the TLDs you want and add them to the basket then
follow through to add any additional services you need.

Their pricing page seemed pretty clear too, given that many TLDs have
different pricing policies.

http://www.daily.co.uk/products/domain-names/domain-name-pricing.html

> Perhaps their marketing belies your actual experience on the ground, or
> is it I who lacks a realistic overview of this market?

As I say, my experience has been a happy one and I'm happy to recommend
them.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk