[Gllug] TV tuner cards

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Fri Jan 4 18:01:23 UTC 2008

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> I took a long hard look at the all the options for a reasonable PVR
> system and ended up buying one of these:
>
> http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/pvr-9200tbx.asp
>
> No network is a tiny pest, but more than made up for by everything Just
> Working[tm].

I had MythTV working for some time and loved it - but when my hard drive
died I ended up buying a Humax device instead of getting MythTV working
again.

I really miss MythWeb - it was really handy having the full listings
from radio times available via web interface -

and the 'record all episodes' feature was cool - I quite often found
that a new series would have started and the first I'd notice was when
Myth had recorded a couple of episodes :-)

But - having a quiet consumer unit under the TV with a proper remote
control, and dual channel recording has worked out better in the end.

I've a feeling it's still Linux though :-)

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk